Responsible for meeting the customer’s complete order-related needs and delivering total customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for the processing of incoming office supply orders.
- Assists the Account Representatives to better serve our clients by providing follow-up as requested and/or product research.
- Provides support to customers when necessary after the order is achieved by acting as a liaison between the customer and the sales department.
- Occasionally may be requested to help with walk-in customers.
- Administers order fulfillment policies (i.e., warrant issues, billing issues, returns, short ships, quotes) needed to meet the customers’ needs.
- May be required to maintain custom office supply contracts.
- May be called upon to do end-of-month reports for specific accounts.
- Assists with customer account maintenance by updating information on the computer.
- Supports the business plan and develops a thorough understanding of the business planning process within DBI Business Interiors.
- Participates in sales meetings and vendor meetings on a needed basis.
- Communicates with customers through live chat and direct inquiries appropriately.
- Communicates with delivery personnel as needed to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Internal contacts – Continuous contact with sales, customer service, marketing, design, warehouse, and installation personnel, to develop an in-depth familiarity with company products, services, and procedures.
- External contacts – Continued contact with customers, directed by the account representatives, to establish a base for future development. Occasional contact with various manufacturing representatives regarding products for sale to our customers which includes scheduled products sales meetings set by the Director of Sales.
Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, design, or equivalent helpful but not mandatory. One to three years sales/marketing experience, including at least one-year sales experience in the office furniture or closely related industry.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by anyone assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personal so classified.