DBI BUSINESS INTERIORS POSITION DESCRIPTION
POSITION TITLE: Marketing coordinator
REPORTS TO: General Manager
This position will be responsible for sales marketing activities and programs for DBI’s office supplies and furniture. Will develop and implement marketing plans to serve the business objectives. The Marketing Coordinator will create the strategic marketing plan and budget that falls in line with DBI’s business plan goals. Focuses on brand identity, culture and the relationship to Haworth branding. The Coordinator will be responsible for developing new strategic marketing ideas that generate revenue for the company.
• Create and implement all sales materials and ad content in line with DBI’s marketing plans.
• Plan and implement promotional campaigns.
• Improve lead generation campaigns, measuring results.
• Maintain brand management and corporate identity.
• Prepare online, video and print marketing campaigns.
• Create a wide range of different marketing materials including website updates, social networking, email marketing.
• Maintain effective internal communications to ensure all relevant members are kept informed of marketing objectives.
• Analyze potential strategic partner relationships.
• Analyzes market/sales activities as they relate to specific DBI market segments, either current or potential.
• Monitor the competition.
• Performs competitive analysis, in terms of market penetration, strategies, focus, and strengths/weaknesses.
• Monitors impacts of new marketing activities/programs on overall sales.
• Conducts market research activities, with some assistance.
• Implements key marketing programs using action plans, teamwork, “internal customer” needs analysis, reporting, and follow-up.
• Expand opportunities to connect with the customer, understand the competition, and build the brand.
• Focus on the customer and buying trends.
• Own the brand – continue to build uniform look throughout.
• Create new ideas. Continue to work with inside sales teams to find new ways to connect with the customer. Whether its customer acquisition campaigns, keep-in-touch programs, new product promotions, retention efforts or something in between.
• Identify, cultivate, and work with others to execute programs that will create revenue.
• Internal Communication – Regular meetings, communication among staff (newsletters, etc.).
• Facilitate marketing efforts that would need support and assistance for successful implementation.
• Sponsorships and contributions- Manage expenditures/budget.
• Event planning.
• Timely completion of projects and follow-up to management requests.
• Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
• Prior marketing development and product launch and deployment experience.
• Work effectively with Senior-level leadership and staff; must also be able to work independently.
• Consistently represent strong interpersonal skills, use good judgment and be capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals.
Skills/Knowledge/Abilities (SKA) Required:
• Strong time and project management skills.
• Strong editing, writing, proofreading and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work with a wide range of people.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
• Proficiency with knowledge in email marketing and mobile app management software.
• Proficiency with website design and navigation, including content management systems.
• Proficiency with social media platforms.
• Additional preferred proficiency in Google Analytics, WordPress Website and Adobe Premiere Pro.
• Internal contacts – Frequent contact with customer service, purchasing, sales, warehouse, and installation personnel, to develop an in-depth familiarity with company products, services, and procedures.
• External contacts – Continued contact with customers to establish a base for future development. Occasional contact with various manufacturing representatives regarding products for sale to our customers which includes scheduled product sales meetings set by the Office Sales Manager.
Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, design, or equivalent. Three to four years sales/marketing experience, including at least one-year sales experience in the office furniture or closely related industry.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by anyone assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.