Must have enthusiasm, a willingness to learn, a drive to succeed, and enjoy communicating with customers. Must be able to work with sales team to uncover opportunities and build office supply & furniture sales. Must be able to prepare presentations and detailed quotations for sales calls.
- Meets quality and quantity (productivity) standards established by DBI.
- Knowledge/skills to manage/follow DBI business models.
- Ability to manage many accounts and sales cycles.
- Ability to develop and maintain outstanding working relationships with customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Must be able to travel, by car and/or walking, throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to develop a clientele.
- Must be able to continually study and learn the latest enhancements and features of programs & products.
- Must be able to present ideas, using samples, catalogs, brochures, and drawings to communicate solutions to clients.
- Must be able to quote prices and credit terms and prepare sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Must be able to respond to Requests for Proposals (RFP) and customer proposals.
- Ability to work with General Manager, Sales Manager, Customer Service, Project Coordinators, Design, Installation, Purchasing, and Warehouse personnel to ensure constant communication and smooth delivery for various customers.
- Ability to investigate and resolve customer issues.
- Must be able to attend weekly/monthly staff or sales meetings and sales trade conventions.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to manage own time and manage personnel resources.
- Understanding and expression of written and verbal English sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Sensitivity to problems; ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Excellent customer service.
- Personable and superior communication.
- Self-motivated, well-organized, and resourceful.
- Professional and social skills.
- Highly dependable, efficient, and detail-oriented.
- Love of learning and desire to grow with the company.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Internal contacts – works closely with General Manager, Sales Manager, Customer Service, Purchasing, and Warehouse personnel.
- External contacts – Continued contact with customers to establish a base for future development. Occasional contact with various manufacturing representatives regarding products for sale to our customers.
Prefer approximately 2-5 years of experience in office supply & furniture sales, design, and office furniture systems product. Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work as a member of a project team or independently. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must also possess a strong work ethic, take initiative, demonstrate strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to work well in a professional environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by anyone assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position.
Job Type: Full-time